The Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education is looking for students to attend the 2017 Foreign Language Experience Course.
The content of the course has been upgraded this year!
(1) In addition to the October start date, we have prepared courses to begin in August (the content of the courses is the same).
(2) The opportunities for you to practice spoken language have been increased. Would you like to use your language skills in a relaxed environment?
(3) The content allows students to deepen not only their language ability, but also their knowledge and understanding of foreign customs and culture.
(4) There will be opportunities to experience exchanges in the foreign language with native speakers of the language residing in Tokyo during the last day of the course.
In the Foreign Language Experience Course, participants are able to choose one of seven languages from Chinese, French, German, Korean/North Korean, Spanish, Russian, and Italian. Participants will gain a basic understanding of the language as well as deepen their knowledge and understanding of the customs and culture of that country.
The course targets students who are enrolled in Tokyo Metropolitan Junior and Senior Secondary Education (second half), those who want to experience foreign languages other than English, those who want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of foreign cultures and customs, or those who wish to work using a foreign language in the future.
Course beginning in August
- August 6th (Sun) , August 13th (Sun) , August 20th (Sun) , August 26th (Sat) and August 27th (Sun).
- Deadline: Friday July 14, 2017
Course beginning in October
- October 22nd (Sun) , October 29th (Sun), November 5th (Sun) , November 12th (Sun) and November 19th (Sun).
- Deadline: Tuesday September 26, 2017
For details, please see the pamphlet for the recruitment of students for the 2017 Foreign Language Experience Course
Link to pamphlet